Ok, look, I’m not a pumpkin spice everything kind of girl. I’m not a leaves are falling, COVER THE PLACE IN PUMPKINS AND CUTE SIGNS ABOUT BEING GRATEFUL. Also, thanks to living in Ohio, Fall is verrrrrry hit or miss as far as if it even happens. As in, last week we had 90 degree days, and now it’s like 45, so yeah. Plus, it means Winter is coming. Being cold is one of my most common, but least favorite, activities. Winter obviously amplifies that, and therefore not my fav. All that aside, I do love some aspects of Fall, so here are five of them.
1) Hallmark Movies - I’ll never be above a good Hallmark movie. Honestly, people who say they are, are lying to themselves anyway. You mean you’re trying to tell me you KNEW from the very beginning that random American chick would end up with the prince of a made up country?!? Your powers of observation are exceptionally keen. Seriously though, I’m a sucker for a good sappy movie.
2) New Beginnings - With each change of season, it feels like you get a blank slate. And no matter how great the last season might have been, the prospect of what could happen is always exciting.
3) Jeans - There is just something about a good pair of jeans to give you a little confidence. Plus, lots of pockets for the win. These have become a bit more controversial in my house with the entrance of ripped jeans, as my parents have yet to understand the reasoning behind them. Let’s be honest, me either, and usually, I’m a tough person to convince without some solid logic…but they’re trendy and cute and I’m here for it.
4) College Basketball - I grew up in a house where we take sports pretty seriously. Like, before Sportscenter became unbearably one sided and political, it used to be on repeat. It is still not uncommon to hear yelling or cheering from the living room depending on how the game is going. I’ll watch just about any sport with the exception of golf or Nascar…but, nothin beats college basketball. Go Blue Devils!
5) Books and Cozy Blankets - I love to read, but when Summer rolls around I feel like I’m going non stop, and reading gets pushed aside. Once it gets cold, I don’t want to go outside anyway, so reading picks back up again. I’m a big fan of true stories/autobiographies, and I just finished “The Boys in the Boat,” by Daniel James Brown. It’s much more of a people story than a sports story, and in my opinion the writing was very well done.
Bonus Basic Fact - Flannels. I’m all about them. My mind wants me to reject them because they’re just too basic. But I shop mainly by feel, and how can one turn down something warm and soft and oversized and comfy? Also, they go real well with Johnny. So here we are. It’s come to this.
Thanks for tuning into another edition of the scary place I call my brain, let’s do it again soon ;)