So I haven't done a Friday Five post in a while...and this is my final Friday as a 27 year old (WHAT.) so I figured what better time? Here are five things I'm loving right now!
1) Senita Athletics - Y'all, I'm a major sucker for comfy clothes. Now that I'm back to working at a PT office, our "uniform" is athletic clothes. Can I get an Amen?! I do the majority of my shopping at either second hand shops, or from companies I know to be ethical. After an email conversation, I was excited to find out that the sisters running this awesome company have taken steps to make sure that those making and supplying their clothes are treated and paid fairly. Anyway, I ordered their blue gray Madelyn style (see below)...they are SO comfortable and cute. It's tough to see from this picture, but they also have a side pocket to hold your phone, and like, who doesn't love pockets. Go check them out!
2) My Job - Not gonna lie, this week has been fairly stressful. But for the first time in my life, I get excited about the work I get to do. Is it my dream job? I mean, not really. But there is purpose in it, and lots of growth to be had. Plus, I get to watch people get healthier and stronger thanks to our therapists. It's pretty special when you see someone walk into our clinic for the first time in literally YEARS post accident. It's a daily reminder of the blessings I take for granted.
3) A little thing I named Johnny - Since I was 4 years old, I've been talking about getting a truck. That's the year my city kid parents decided to move us out to the boonies...and my life was forever changed ;) Now the thought of living in a neighborhood really weirds me out, and I have an unhealthy obsession with all things Grand Ole Opry. Anyway, I bit the bullet and bought my dream truck and y'all I AM SO EXCITED. I know it's just a thing, and things don't make us happy, but they can make the journey of this life a little bit more fun. And it better be really dang fun considering how I won't be able to afford to do anything else now ;) But isn't he gorgeous? PS- His name is Johnny. As in Johnny Cash. Should I get a custom license plate? Too extra? Probably. Ok, definitely. But I mean, you only live once so...
4) My Hands Came Away Red by Lisa McKay - The first time I read this book as about ten years ago, and I remember feeling an actual sadness when I turned the last page. Fellow book lovers, relate-able, right? Recently, because I've been traveling a ton this Summer, I grabbed it to read on the plane, not sure if it would have the same impact. Still so good. It's not your typical Christian chick-lit, more of an adventure story with a little bit of romance, and a whole lot of real life thrown in. Totally worth the read.
5) Weddings! - If y'all have been following along, you know that weddings have kind of taken over my life lately...and I love it. I'm so grateful for the excuse to see old friends, watch people I love fall in love, and getting to dance all night. I'm going to do a whole post on just how beautiful all of these weddings are and my favorite things about them because there is just WAY too much to put in this little paragraph, but here's a little sneak peek!
Happy Friday y'all!!!